Saturday, August 29, 2009

Panda, Cat, Wilderness



So we decided to visit the zoo. It all started when we were thinking of a nice place to photograph awesome sights. I suggested Avilon Zoo because I’ve been there when I was in high school and I kind of remember it being a nice place, not at all the typical zoo where you see malnourished animals. It was a very blurry memory though because I thought that it was somewhere near Manila, like Malabon (or maybe I was thinking Malabon Zoo?) While we were searching the net on how to get there, I even suggested that we just take a cab and Enzo was like ‘NOOOO’.
            The trip going there was actually quite easy. From SM North Edsa, there’s a van that will take you somewhere (sorry I forgot if its San Mateo or something else) where you’ll ride an FX that will take you to Montalban. Then you’ll just have to take a trike to Avilon Zoo. The trike ride was the hardest I must say. The weather was quite gloomy because it rained in the morning. We passed this long (or maybe not very long but it felt long) road that looked like a river with lots of soil or soil with lots of water in it. I really can’t tell. Adventure! This is also the first time that Enzo and me went somewhere outside Manila via commute using only the internet for guidance.
Now for the photo dump! 
The view upon entrance.. A big lake filled with..
Arophaimas! 
DYK: Arophaimas are one of the largest fresh water fishes. They can reach up to 8 feet in length!! 
Well yeah, there wasn't much people in the Zoo that Saturday, yeey!

I used the comfort room and when I came back, Enzo was bonding with his furry friends already. 
Lunch!
A clue! 
 
Tourist mode! Taking pictures with nature!

Animal time!

 
 
Villain looking croc..
 Lacoste :))
This one is ridiculously HUGE. 
Like it just ate a human.
Obese reptile!

lazy Lion is sleeping. Didn't get a clear shot :(
more Arophaimas
Cute Paw!
*stay still*
                                     Cute Hyena


Gibbon!
Cute Tiger
*YAAWN*
Foxy!
 
                                        
                                                             Eagle :)
It tickles
More humans..

Cute Russian Samoyed passed by while we were taking a self-timer shot. Lucky us cause a picture with this guy costs 50 pesos, we got one for free. (Even if he wasn't looking)
Jump shot to end the day! :) Had lots of fun!

2 comments:

  1. Lizz!!:D hehe.:D nice naman ng pictures.:D hehe miss ko na din magzoo:) wah. uyy ishwit naman nyo ni enzo hehe <3 lab lab

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahaha minsan lang kami magkita eh, kaya dapat kakaiba pupuntahan :P tara zoo tayo! mas enjoy pala pag matanda na! haha

    ReplyDelete

Toffee Love

Toffee Love
My chochow eating my hair :P